Our Analytic Data Services product management team is currently in need of a Data Scientist to join our fast-growing organization. We are seeking data experts who are passionate about using leading edge technology to solve unique problems in the hospitality industry.
The ideal candidate is intellectually curious about how data can be used to tell a story and help drive profitable revenue enhancing decisions for the hoteliers and travel agencies. In addition, candidate must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms, creating/running simulations and must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams.
This role reports to the VP, Product Management.
- Leverage your experience with real world data to:
- Derive new capabilities that will help us better understand the interplay between hotel chains and their customers to improve our model performance.
- Discover and explore third party data sources which can further improve our model performance
- Build new data-driven products and help bring them to market
- Provide Technical leadership to:
- Participate in planning, roadmap and architecture discussions to help evolve our data science into ADS based revenue generating products
- Engage in code and model reviews to mature our work products
- Draw data flows and designs on the white board to collaborate with engineering and validate understanding of the functional solution.
- Meet with customers and help map business needs into product requirements, stories and backlog items
- Enhance data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Master’s in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field
- 5-7 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models
- Deep knowledge of modern data warehouses, distributed data sets and analysis tools (SnowFlake, HDFS, S3, Tableau, DataRama, Jupyter Notebooks, etc)
- Deep knowledge of numerical and statistical packages (Python, Pandas, Numby, Sklearn, R or related).
- Experience using statistical computer languages to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on developing new analytic products and services
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams
- Ability to:
- Model the complex interactions between hospitality systems to refactor and rethink key components and models in a hoteliers’ commissioning system for stays, group events, B2B events and the likes.
- Analyze data to better understand how a user’s consumption of web booking and travel property information correlates with bookings and actual stays to a hotel property.
- Write complex database queries against AWS S3 Data Lakes & Snowflake data warehouses to establish links between large data sets in order to; (i) Evaluate revenue maximization opportunities missed by hoteliers in their current systems, (ii) Evaluate cost saving opportunities missed by hoteliers in their existing commissioning programs.
If you are interested in submitting an application for this role, please email Becky Ospina at USjobs@onyxcentersource.com and include your resume and a one-page cover letter telling us why you are interested in the role!