In collaboration with Product Management and Corporate Marketing, the Director of Product Marketing is responsible for a product’s go-to-market success, using a deep understanding of buyers and their needs to determine and lead the product’s go-to-market strategy. The Director of Product Marketing will work with cross-functional leaders to ensure the success of their respective product portfolio. This role will report to the VP of Product Management and matrix to Chief Marketing Officer or designee.
- Develop deep understanding of the buying audience for the organization by conducting research and gathering insight about target personas, buyer needs and the purchasing decision process for the organization’s products
- Create product positioning, value propositions and messaging that resonates with the buying audience
- Drive an audience-centric marketing approach within the organization, ensuring that messaging content and campaign strategies are centered around customer buying needs
- Develop the competitive positioning for the product portfolio by using product level competitive analysis and input from product management and other cross-functional teams
- Provide direction for market segmentation and targeting in order to define the market opportunities for the product portfolio and partner with product management leaders to build business cases for expanding market presence or entering new markets
- Establish the go-to-market vision, strategy and model for the product portfolio for which he or she is responsible and communicate that vision and strategy across the organization
- Oversee the product portfolio launch strategy and launch planning, collaborate with product management and corporate marketing leaders to apply a launch tier model and negotiate decision gates and budgets for commercial release; ensure launches are integrated with campaigns
- Monitor and report on the performance of the product portfolio, results of related sales and marketing and efforts
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or another related field, required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience in Product Marketing.
- Ability to create value propositions and messaging strategies.
- Ability to conduct market, competitor and customer research to gather insights and assess market opportunities at the product level.
- Ability to develop strategies for creating pipeline for new offerings as well as upsell, cross-sell and account-based marketing programs to grow existing relationships.
- Ability to analyze information collected from win/loss interviews and pipeline behavior (conversion rates and velocity) to detect breakdowns in the marketing and sales process.
- Ability to link product launches to organizational campaign themes and goals.
- Ability to navigate culture and politics across multiple functions.
- Critical thinker with strong writing, communication, presentation development and delivery skills.
- Project management experience.
If you are interested in submitting an application for this role, please email Becky Ospina at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your resume and a one-page cover letter telling us why you are interested in the role!