Onyx CenterSource is seeking a QA Analyst who wants to be part of our Technology team in Spain and help to develop and execute a modern testing strategy.
The ideal candidate will be well versed in conventional testing procedures and concepts yet ready to try new alternatives and use the latest tools to help our development group quickly create quality software ready to support our growing global business. This will require the candidate to be proactive, detail-oriented and structured.
The selected candidate will collaborate on a global team along with other QA analysts and developers locally and across our offices to contribute to corporate and local projects and initiatives.
This role will join the Technology team and report to the Director of Technology, Spain.
- Create lean and effective test plans and test cases (manual or automated)
- Gather data necessary to fully execute test plans and test cases
- Execute test cases (manual or automated) and analyze and record results
- Evaluate product results according to specifications
- Document testing results
- Report bugs and errors to development teams
- Help troubleshoot issues
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle
- Comply with best practices of creating and executing test plans and test cases
- Create, verify and revise quality assurance standards as needed
- Champion the “Focus on Quality” mindset
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar
- 4+ years of related work experience
- Advanced SQL experience
- Comfortable testing Java based applications
- Well-versed in all phases of application software testing
- Able to work independently as well as on teams
- Able to communicate in English both in written and oral forms
- Experience with Agile development process
- Hands-on experience in automation testing tools
- Hands-on experience testing cloud applications
- Hands-on experience in API testing
- Hands-on experience testing Oracle based applications
- Great technical skills that can address the lack of English will be welcome as well
If you are interested in submitting an application for this role, please email Becky Ospina at email@example.com and include your CV and a one-page cover letter telling us why you are interested in the role!