The Sr. FP & A Manager is responsible for detailed financial, business, and strategic analysis, data mining, and spreadsheet modelling in support of the department’s responsibilities for budgeting, forecasting, reporting and analysis. Responsibilities will include significant support of the monthly accounting close process as well as the development and analysis of both short and long-term budget. This role is also accountable for peforming internal control tasks with a risk management approach with the purpose to keep the company from engaging in potentially illegal or unethical activities.
This position reports directly to Director of Finance.
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Leads cost related activities supporting the Accounting monthly close process, including results reporting and ensuring journal entries and accruals are recorded accurately.
- Provides accurate detailed and summary reporting as well as analysis of cost business drivers, risks & opportunities, and trends impacting business areas.
- Develops, enhances, and maintains analytical tools and metrics to provide accurate and timely financial cost results, key drivers, and trends.
- Develops all related financial short-term and long-term forecasts and plans.
- Creates and maintain financial models and reports, including staffing, production data, unit cost, operational metrics, etc.
- Ensures strategic investments are aligned with business objectives and financial results are measured through appropriate cost / benefit analysis.
- Leads the co-ordination and presentation of the annual operating plan and budget process for the company. Preparing and issuing details of actual expenditure versus budget.
- Short-term cash flow analysis and forecasting.
- Implements a business intelligence tool and dashboard reports.
- Supports monitoring of transfer pricing and regional profitability.
- Conducts and directs audits and ongoing reviews of organization controls, operating procedures, and compliance with policies, regulations and appropriate approval levels and specifically those regarding the Audit obligations established by Bank of Spain.
- Compiles and issues reports detailing conclusions and providing recommendations for improvements.
- Performs duties related to the Customer Claims Service
Desired Skills and Experience
- 4-5 year-Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field
- 4+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Extensive experience in financial/budget analysis
- Strong operational planning, budgeting and forecasting skills together with management reporting and scenario analysis / modelling experience.
- Fluent in both oral and written English.
If you are interested in submitting an application for this role, please email Becky Ospina at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your CV and a one-page cover letter telling us why you are interested in the role!