The Systems and Infrastructure Financial Analyst reports to the Director of Technology Infrastructure and will be responsible for the administration, support and cost reductions of our global infrastructure. You’ll work directly with a global team and own the cost management of all infrastructure systems. This role requires experience in cyber security, advanced system configuration and financial analysis. You will also work on a global team with multiple private/public/hybrid datacenters and AWS workloads along with other cloud services with a strong focus on controlling billing and managing costs.
This position has an emphasis on financial analysis to reduce costs for all aspects of our technology stack. The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting high-level analysis of invoices to reduce expenses related to our technology stack. You will work closely with senior management to help streamline and automate the accounts payable process for technology spend. Daily responsibilities will include making critical decisions about streamlining vendor payment and expense management for the cloud-based platform you help manage. If you are highly detail-oriented and capable of analyzing data with creativity and innovation in mind, you might be perfect for this position.
- Administration, maintenance, configuration, and ongoing support of server infrastructure.
- Gather and organize financial data from all technology vendors and coordinate with the accounting department.
- Compile and analyze financial reports and find discrepancies that require senior management’s attention.
- Perform guidance and management for hardware diagnostics, troubleshooting and maintenance on multiple architectures.
- Responsible for design and implementation of new and existing computer systems.
- Perform time saving program and scripting techniques to enhance performance and reliability of (PCs, servers, laptops, storage, and networks, etc.).
- Manage all technology expenses and devote time to risk management, especially with regard to technology investments.
- Prepare financial reports with reliable conclusions that management can use to implement more effective operational strategies.
- Forecast models for revenue changes and expenditure increases/decreases.
- Manage and shepherd the yearly technology budget by comparing forecasts to actuals on a monthly basis.
- Analyze, Design and Implement an automated process to streamline our vendor accounts payable process and technology spend.
- Institute costs controls to lower and provide visibility to our yearly technology spend
- Provide suggestions and decision opportunities to management with the potential to lower technology spend.
- Manage the transfer pricing for a global technology organization.
- Determines cost of operations by establishing standard costs; collecting operational data.
- Identifies financial status by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Guides cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures; providing trends and forecasts; explaining processes and techniques; recommending actions.
- Improves financial status by analyzing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; recommending actions to management.
- Reconciles cloud-based workloads by comparing and correcting configurations.
- Recommends actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; studying proposed changes in methods and materials.
- Increases productivity by developing automated accounting applications; coordinating information requirements.
- Administer performance across all workloads and environments, assist in deployments, and administer changes supporting Windows and Linux OS.
- Handle configuration and deployment of Linux and Windows based VMs in conjunction with dependent services.
- Monitoring the Service Desk ticketing system to ensure all tickets are assigned and prioritized, handle escalations and provide incident management.
- Manage, lead and coordinate implementation projects with international datacenter and internal teams.
- Monitor all physical, virtual, SAN, cloud systems and a global SD-WAN network in conjunction with the local HQ environment.
- Review storage reports and work with datacenter engineers to optimize storage usage and upgrade as needed with new customer implementations.
- Ability to make recommendations that create optimization and cost efficiencies in existing and new infrastructure.
- Cost reporting, budgeting, vendor management and vendor invoicing.
- Responsible for supporting and complying with internal and external audits to include providing information and performing assigned tasks to ensure compliance.
- Review system performance, perform OS and firmware upgrades as deemed necessary and optimize cost on environments.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Microsoft Active Directory, AD Forests, Domains, DNS, Group Policies, and OUs
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Experience with AWS CloudWatch or CloudHealth multi-cloud management tools is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to assess costs overruns accurately
- SD-WAN, Aryaka
- Proven track record of working with large groups or teams to implement changes resulting from financial analysis
- Windows, RedHat and Linux servers
- NetApp or EMC SAN solutions
- DNS, DFS, and DHCP
- PowerShell scripting, or other scripting language
- Strong organization and interpersonal skills to provide support to systems administration teams, end-user customers and program management.
If you are interested in submitting an application for this role, please email Becky Ospina firstname.lastname@example.org and include your CV and a one-page cover letter telling us why you are interested in the role!