There can be many pros to using an established third-party TMC:
– Most have negotiated savings with top travel vendors as well as strategic partnerships that offer special discounts, unlisted promotional offers and special pricing on flights, hotels and car rentals.
– Good TMCs are staffed by professional travel agents who can book complicated multi-destination itineraries, provide round-the-clock service and provide the ability to make on-the-fly changes.
– Most TMCs offer online booking tools that employees can access 24 hours a day to book travel on their own using the TMC’s preferred providers.
– TMCs generally also offer services that show comprehensive snapshots of travel spend, allowing companies to make better travel-spend decisions.
– TMCs can help companies establish travel policies that protect both the traveler and the company.