Onyx CenterSource is excited to announce our new role as contributing data partner for the Skift Recovery Index.
While the global hospitality market continues to navigate recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic, the availability of actionable data and insights remains vital. The Skift Recovery Index helps provide those insights by including a detailed view of the industry as a whole, as well as how individual markets are faring. Data partners including Rategain, Amadeus, Skyscanner and more contribute unique data which is then indexed and weighted to provide a country-by-country score.
As the only payments provider contributing to the Index, Onyx will be providing weekly datasets for a number of countries around the globe using our proprietary OnyxComp solution. OnyxComp provides unique insights into the hotel and agency verticals.
“Being able to utilize our expertise and data to help guide businesses through recovery is core to our client-centric approach,” said Mark Dubrow, Onyx CenterSource CEO. “Our hope is that contributing to the Index will help provide a full-circle view into the state of our industry as we bounce back from the pandemic.”
According to Skift:
The Skift Recovery Index is a real-time measure of where the travel industry at large — and the core verticals within it — stands in recovering from the COVID-19 pandemic. It provides the travel industry with a powerful tool for strategic planning, of utmost importance in this uncertain business climate.
Included in the index are:
- Weekly top-level global and country travel recovery indices
- Weekly country-level recovery index for: hotel, short-term rental, air travel, car travel
- Weekly country-level recovery index split by source and destination performance
- Monthly global and country-level macroeconomic recovery index, built upon unemployment, industrial production, retail sales, and stock market returns indicators.
- A mix of leading and trailing indicators. Leading indicators include actual occupancy, revenue per available room (RevPAR), seat capacity, and load factors. Trailing indicators include travel searches and reservations/bookings, cancellations, etc.
Learn more about Analytic Data Services and OnyxComp and how they can help you on the road to recovery.